Advanced Exteriors offers an array of decking products and materials.
At Advanced Exteriors we offer an array of decking products and materials to ensure that we able to build a deck that reflects your style and fits your budget. Beyond the fact that we pride ourselves on only using products that are best-in-class, our commitment to customer satisfaction and superior quality workmanship has earned Advanced Exteriors the reputation as one of the St. Louis area’s leading design-build deck contractors. Whether you’re looking for something basic and economical or something more unique and upscale, Advanced Exteriors has the professional experience you need to ensure your outdoor living space is completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
“Quality is the most important thing for me and that’s what I got from Advance Roofing and Exteriors. On top of that, the employees were very nice and they cleaned up all the debris left over. I would happily recommend you to my family and friends in the neighborhood.” —Heather Smith
Additionally, we offer a variety of deck products and materials to meet your specific needs:
- Ultra-Premium Capped Composites provide wood-like realism with the added benefit of increased fade, stain and scratch resistance. The composite planks are encapsulated with a thin PVC-like veneer which provides an extra layer of protection
- PVC Decking is the ultimate choice for homeowners who do a lot of outdoor entertaining, whose decks endure high-traffic activity or those who wish to spend even less time maintaining their deck than with traditional alternative decking products.
- Premium Composites are designed to look and work like wood and have been a popular choice for decking since the late 1990s. One distinct advantage of wood-plastic composites is that it’s low maintenance and won’t split or delaminate like natural wood.
- Ultra-Premium Woods, including Ipe, tigerwood and other tropical hardwoods are a high-end, long-lasting choice for decking. Though known for their beauty and durability, these woods do require TLC to maintain their rich oiled color and are rather expensive.
- Cedar is one of the most basic wood decking products, but it provides a unique rustic look that some customers prefer. Though it still requires maintenance associated with natural wood, cedar is surprisingly resistant to rot, decay and insect attacks, and yet it is still the most economical decking material.
Beyond just looks, other important factors to consider when selecting the best decking product for your outdoor space are sun exposure and moisture. Depending on where you live and whether or not your planned deck is in direct sunlight might impact your specific material choice. Particularly with capped composites, darker colored planks absorb more heat in extreme sunlight or high heat climates.
Additionally, not all decks perform equally in high moisture environments. Smooth-textured composite decks, which tend to be visually appealing, can get slippery when wet and If you plan to install a composite deck in a rainy or humid climate – or if it will be part of an outdoor living space that includes a pool or spa – we recommend a textured grain composite for added skid resistance. Additionally, natural wood decks have a predisposition to mold, mildew, moss, pollen or algae growth in humid climates – particularly if the deck is shaded.
Let the team at Advanced Exteriors provide you with a free, no obligation to buy, in-home consultation and we are confident we can find the perfect decking product for you and your lifestyle.