From wood composites to PVC to tropical hardwoods, we do it all.
At Advanced Exteriors we are proud to offer a wide variety of deck building material options. From wood composites to PVC to tropical hardwoods, we do it all, and we will help you evaluate your decking needs alongside the many choices to find the perfect fit for your specific project. Ipe (pronounced “eePAY”) and other exotic hardwoods such as Tigerwood are a very upscale, yet durable decking choice, and are sure to add a certain “je ne sais quoi” to your home.
As a decking wood, Ipe (and other hardwoods) possess the following characteristics, which set them apart from other natural woods:
- Extreme density and hardness. Ipe is as much as five times harder than your standard pressure treated lumber and three times harder than oak.
- Increased slip resistance. Exotic hardwoods are known to exceed the ADA requirements for slip resistance when wet, making Ipe and other tropical hardwood decks a great choice for families with young children and seniors, alike.
- Impervious to insects (especially termites) and resists wood rot and decay.
- Superior fire resistance. For example, Ipe wood decking has received the highest classification for flame spread.
- Durability and longevity. Left totally untreated it’s not at all uncommon to see hardwood decks last more than 40 years. And when planks are oiled before installation (and then periodically over the life of the deck), tropical hardwood decks have been known to last up to 100 years. Additionally, water sealants are totally unnecessary, as this rainforest wood naturally repels water.
- Unparalleled beauty. Hardwood decking offers a variety of color and texture choices, but what makes it truly unique is the natural variation found in each plank. No two Tigerwood decks will every look the same. Despite composite decking manufacturers’ best efforts, this is a differentiating feature that only Mother Nature can provide.
“Advanced was a pleasure to work with. And the quality of the work was excellent: our house looks great now! They explained exactly what they were going to do and how. We ran in to weather delays and they kept us informed about when they would resume. I highly recommend Advanced Roofing and Exteriors.”
For the reasons listed above, tropical hardwood decking has become very popular. These exotic woods, including Ipe, Tigerwood and Teak, come from the world’s most dense rainforests and will last for generations to come. If you’re looking for a luxurious deck finish with the look and feel of a hardwood floor, you’ve come to the right place!
Rest assured that when you chose to work with the design-build team at Advanced Exteriors, you are partnering with the best St. Louis has to offer. Our success is based on our commitment to you. We take pride in our work and go above and beyond to ensure the level of service you receive is second to none.