Whether you’re looking to replace your front door or install all new siding on your house, chances are you’ve spent hours tearing out pages from home remodeling magazines, scouring Pinterest for ideas and looking at various plans and pictures you’ve found on the internet. In other words, you finally know what you want the end result to look like, but before you can begin, you have to find the right person or business to help you execute your plan. And while this step isn’t necessarily the most glamourous or fun part of home renovations, it is likely one of the most important decisions you’ll make along the way.
Renovating your home is a big financial and emotional investment. Additionally, you’ll probably be seeing quite a bit of your contractor, depending on the overall size and scope of your project, so it is paramount that you find someone you trust and get along with. In order to ensure you start (and finish) with the right partner for the job, we recommend interviewing and requesting a bid from at least three prospective contractors before committing to anyone’s services. While price is almost always a key factor, you’d be surprised by how many homeowners ultimately do not go with the lowest bidder (or wish they hadn’t), simply because they do not see eye to eye on the overall process.
Below you will find 10 important questions to ask your contractor before your commit to their products and/or services. These conversations will help ensure you have found someone who is a good match for you (and your project). After all, this is your home and you need to feel confident you’ve found someone who is reliable and determined to help execute your vision in a timely and effective manner.
- Are you insured?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you use your own carpenters and laborers or do you subcontract work?
- What is your BBB rating? And if it’s anything less than an “A”, ask why.
- Do you or your company belong to any industry specific organizations? If so, which ones?
- Is there a way for me to speak with any of your past clients and/or see your past work in person?
- What are the terms of your contract, including, but not limited to payment schedule?
- How long do you envision this project taking? What happens if you run behind schedule?
- Is there a project manager or foreman who will oversee this project? And will I have the ability to speak with them regarding any questions I might have about work that is being done?
- Do you guarantee your work? If so, what are the terms and conditions of your workmanship warranty?
At Advanced Exteriors we are eager to answer your questions to earn your business. And while our quote may not always be the least expensive, we are confident our bids always provide superior value. When you choose Advanced Exteriors you will know exactly what to expect from the very beginning, and you can rest assured that we aren’t satisfied until you are satisfied.
Contact us today to learn more about Advanced Exterior’s top quality products, superior workmanship and unrivaled customer service or call us now to schedule a complimentary in home consultation to discuss all your exterior renovation needs, 636-300-4500.